Sunday, May 15, 2011

Peace Be With You

Some of you might already know this, but I have recently been on a sort of "spiritual quest", trying to figure out what I believe in and if there is a religion that I feel at home with. So far, I haven't made any major headway. I still just don't feel at home with what I was raised as: Catholic. I have nothing wrong with the religion, I just don't feel like it fits me. I still have respect and appreciation for it though because I went to Catholic school for 6 years and half of my family is Catholic.

Anyway, today I went to my cousin's Confirmation. Mass was the same as usual, with lots of mumbling from the masses and drab music with no feeling. Today, however, I realized which part of mass I actually like, which is the part where you turn to people sitting by you (friend, family, or stranger) and wish them "peace be with you". There is just something so special about being able to connect with others, if only for a short second, and say something heartfelt. Also, I think this is my favorite part of mass because it is the one time where most people smile. Well, that is all I have to say about that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment