Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gettin' My Sing On

This year, for the annual UC Davis Wine Auction (a benefit for the non-profit student-run clinics), my friend Y and I decided to perform a little set together.  In case you don't know Y, he is one of my favorite study buddies, and he is a genius on the keys.  The two of us practiced every day at lunch for the couple of weeks leading up to the event, and our performance turned out okay, I think!

Practice (Notice the weird-ass sculpture hanging in front of our school in the background)

Funny story about the performances... There were several group performances by med students, and the week before the event, we realized that three different groups were all performing "Someone Like You" - Adele, including us!  It actually happened to be the first song we started practicing, so by the time we heard everyone else was performing it too, we were getting a little sick of it, so we abandoned it for a different song.  We did:

  • "Ordinary People" - John Legend
  • "Nearness of You" Norah Jones
  • "Yellow" - Coldplay
  • "At Last" - Etta James
It was so much fun working together.  Also, I just love singing, so I had a blast with the whole thing.  Here are our songs on youtube!

Ordinary People


Nearness of You


Yellow


At Last (the still image for this one is kinda funny...)

2 comments:

  1. Damn girl I didn't know you could sing! So freaking talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice singing ASHBABE!!!!! You're amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete