Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mirth Control

     If you've been reading my blog for some time, you'll probably remember me mentioning Mirth Control before, but if you're new to my blog, I'll explain.  Mirth Control is an annual event at my med school where each class puts on a comedic video or skit roasting the medical school experience.  Its a wonderful tradition which allows medical students to take a step back from studying or working, and just laugh about how ridiculous this whole process is.  For all four years, I have co-directed our class' skits.  While at times it was a stressful, frustrating job, there were so many other times it was so much fun to do.  This year, as MS4s, we were in charge of hosting the whole event, which was quite a task, but I think we threw a pretty good show.  :)  I'm really proud of everything we did over the four years, and especially what we did this year.  I'm really glad the show went well, but I have to say I'm even more glad its over, so I can start working on moving out.  Even though all of the work I put into co-directing this each year had absolutely no bearing on my resume, I'm still really glad I did it.

Class of 2014 

     Well, if you are in need for some laughs, or if you'd just like to see what the heck "Mirth Control" is all about, one of my class mates was kind enough to put together a Youtube playlist of a lot of the clips from this year's show.  Our class skit was a spin-off of the Hunger Games, but instead it was the "Match Games."  Enjoy!



Here is one of my favorite clips - its the different "districts" 
of the medical school training for the "Match Games"





1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS. Especially loved the obgyn/mean girls and pediatrics parts!

    ReplyDelete