Friday, August 20, 2010

Great Day

I was having a little trouble earlier this week, but things have been really looking up in the last couple of days.  Today was an absolutely fabulous day!  Even though we had a long day of class and lab, lectures weren't too bad and lab was pretty fun today.  Our instructor even told us we had a "beautiful dissection" of the axilla!  Then, after class I went to the Ob/Gyn student interest group potluck.  I brought stuffed bell peppers, which actually turned out quite good, even though I totally improvised on the recipe.  I had a really good time, and met some more new people that I really like!

I saved the best for last... my mom called saying that she had landed safely in the US!  She won't be back home for another couple of weeks, but I am so glad to at least have her back safe.  I can't wait to see her.

After such great news, and a very long, but good day... I decided to take the rest of the night off :)  We all need a break sometime, don't we?  Looking forward to this weekend despite the fact that I am going to spend most of it studying.  I'm still going to try to be social by studying with friends and eating with friends on breaks.  I am actually feeling a lot less stressed about Monday's quiz.  It's so weird... just a few days ago I was having a mini-breakdown.  Well, I guess I am still getting used to med school haha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment