Saturday, June 14, 2014

So long, Volvo

     In preparation for our move across the country, a few weeks ago I sold my Volvo.  It would have cost more to ship it than the car was even worth, and I'm honestly not sure if it would have survived the trip if I drove it.  So we just drove B's car across the country, and for now I'm carless.  Luckily, it's easy enough to get around Philly without a car.  When I started orientation a few days ago (yes, there are many posts I am behind on) I wasn't sure whether I'd prefer to walk, bike, subway, bus or drive to work.  Driving is pretty much out because I don't have a car yet, and it's $200/month to park.  Subway is sorta out since it doesn't operate early enough for me some days.  Biking is doable, but somewhat dangerous on the city streets.  Walking is a great option, but takes 40 min each way and I get all sweaty.  Soooo... I tried taking the bus, and I think I found a winner!  Not only does it pretty much go straight from my house to the hospital, it takes half the time of walking. 


     Also, B got a tattoo to commemorate achieving our milestone in our journey in medicine.  I think it's pretty cool.  



I think he enjoyed it a little too much

My friend A came with us and got one too!



No comments:

Post a Comment