Thursday, September 23, 2010

Life choices

One of the most important aspects of pursuing medicine is choosing a specialty. Each specialty has its own lifestyle associated with it, different patient population it typically sees and common personalities found in its field. While still keeping an open mind, I am very interested in ob/gyn at this point. Something every medical student also must do is eliminate specialties that they are pretty sure they are not interested in going into. I am sitting in our fifth radiology lecture, and let's just say I have crossed radiology off my list already. I just don't have much interest in looking at all these pictures. The bones are cool to look at, but all the soft tissues are just so hard to see and not all that interesting! I can probably also cross pathology off my list at this point since I don't have much interest in histology at this point, and I would rather work with live patients than dead ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment