Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Love Crazy Old Bats

Pieces of flair on one of my preceptor's doors

    One of my favorite parts of primary care has been working with the geriatric population.  I just love old people, because they're a bit kooky, and they've gotten to the point in life where they don't care what anyone thinks anymore.  And sometimes they're just so sweet.  I had this elderly Asian woman one day, who was just so precious.  She told me that she wanted to see me again, and as she left the appointment, she gave my preceptor and I hugs, saying, "I love you."  

    I even like the demented elderly patients too.  When asked what we could do for her, one 90-something-year-old woman replied, "How do you get rich?"
Resident: "I wish I knew the answer to that ma'am."
Lady: "What would you do if you got rich?"
Resident: "Well, I'd probably spend more time with my family.  But I would still want to see patients too."
Lady: "Well, if you figure it out, call me."

   I love it when they get sassy.



No comments:

Post a Comment