Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Change Of Pace

   On Friday we took the last test of our last rotation of third year.  That's right, we're officially done with third year.  The end was pretty anticlimactic, considering how long I had waited for it to be over.  The Internal Medicine shelf was really hard, so I'm not really sure what my final clerkship grade will be, but I'm almost positive I passed.  We spent the weekend celebrating with classmates and finally getting to those "lifey" things we've been putting off for months.  We finally put in our garden for 2013, which I'm particularly jazzed about.

DIY succulent garden (inspired by pinterest) 


African daisies


Pink carnations (had to represent G Phi up in my garden)


Hydrangeas 


Napping puppy - oops, that's not part of the garden!

   Anyway, the weekend was really nice, and I feel like I got a bit of my "lazy" out, but tomorrow will entail a very different change of pace.  Tomorrow begins my very short study period for Step 2 CK.  Yes, I am freaking out about how few days I have to prepare for the big test, but I'm just going to keep pushing a little bit longer, and then have a real vacation after the test.  Funny enough, I think it will actually be nice to just study all the time for a change.  I won't have to try to impress anyone, and I can be on my own schedule and decide when I wake up, eat, sleep, etc.  
   In addition to my study crunch for the next couple of weeks, I have decided that I'm also going to use this time to lose some weight.  I was pretty healthy in the beginning of the year, but in the last month, Internal Medicine left me feeling exhausted, drained, and anxious - which is the perfect recipe for triggering stress eating.  So I've crept up on my weight again... But it's nothing I can't fix with a few weeks of diet and exercise, which I'm actually looking forward to.  So here goes!  Tomorrow is day one of working hard for a couple of weeks, but this hard work will definitely be rewarding in the end.  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with Medical Mondays. I must be hungry because I thought the first picture of the succulent garden was a food! I see the garden now:-) Best of luck with the weight loss, we all need some support and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, visiting from MM bloghop! :) Congrats on finishing 3rd year. And I love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You've finished another milestone!
    An avid gardener myself, I love seeing what you've done! Lovely!
    Love seeing you on the grid again this month! Thanks for linking up for Med Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the succulents and hydrangeas! Congrats on the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing 3rd year! Hope you get a little break this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the milestone there!! Time flies doesn't it?! Your pup is ADORABLE by the way,
    Thanks for linking up on MM this month!

    Much love, Heather

    ReplyDelete