Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is He Sponge-Worthy?

   As you may or may not remember from my "recap of 2011" post, towards the end of last year I tried out online dating and started dating someone I met there shortly after.  Well, that didn't work out.  So now I'm single again.  I guess it's good timing since boards are getting closer and closer...

   Anyway, here is a funny story.  If you are a fan of the show Seinfeld, you'll probably remember the episode where there is a shortage of sponges (the contraceptive kind, not the cleaning kind). Elaine, who prefers sponges as her contraceptive of choice, decides to stock up since they are no longer being made anymore.  She buys the very last case in town, and becomes super critical of men she dates, trying to decide if they are "sponge-worthy" or not (worth using one of her precious sponges for).

   I noticed in the last couple of months that the price of my very favorite thing to eat - Kraft macaroni and cheese in the Spongebob shapes - has gone up.  You might not think it's a big deal, but it really upset me to see that the once 88-cent boxes are now $2 a piece.  So, in my own way, I have become a sponge-hoarder, just like Elaine from Seinfeld.  So now my friends joke around that I, too, will have to determine if future suitors are "sponge-worthy".  My friends are the best.

Found this lovely surprise on my doorstep

I love my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment