Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Med School Ruins Your Eyes

Ever wonder why you see most doctors wearing glasses or contacts?  I'll tell you: it's because med school ruins your eyes.  We spend so much time staring at a computer screen/power points or books/notes that it destroys our vision.  I started med school with 20/15 vision.  Now, halfway through my second year I have decreased to 20/30 and had to get glasses.  Womp womp.


Oh well, at least I'll fit in with all the rest of my colleagues now!  And my friend told me they make me look smart, so that's a plus!

2 comments:

  1. Girl, tell the truth! My eyes have gotten so much worse...my optometrist was just like, "Oh yeah, this is normal for med. students. Sorry." :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the upside, your glasses look super cute!

    ReplyDelete