Monday, December 24, 2012

Is It Weird To Celebrate A Bloggiversary?

   I'm about a week late, but three years ago I started this blog the day I got accepted to med school.  I figured it would be a good way of documenting my experiences, so that I could look back when I'm older and say, "Ha! What the heck was I doing with my life?!" When I started it, I wasn't really sure if I would actually keep up with it, but I've surprised myself with how loyal I've been to it - and I even have 39 followers now!  I mean, that sorta makes me famous, right?!  Jk - 39 followers in the blogging world ain't no thang.
   But it has been a lot of fun.  And I really love this little medical blogger community.  It's so nice to read about others' experiences, and to be constantly reminded that I'm not alone in this crazy world of medicine.  The last few months, I've been in a sort of slump, but with this holiday break, I'm already starting to feel better and refreshed.

   As far as my attempts at getting some feel-good therapy in the psychologists' chair, I still haven't been able to make an appointment because my lady is so booked.  I'm not annoyed about it though, because I'm not anywhere near crisis-mode, and these others who are meeting her might need her attention more immediately.  We were finally able to hammer down a time to meet when I get back from the holiday break, so that'll do just fine.  I'm already feeling way less down-in-the-dumps since break started, but I think it will be good to just touch bases and make sure I'm taking care of my mental well-being for the rest of the third year clerkships.

   Anyway, back to the blogging topic.  I'm definitely happy with what I've been getting out of blogging so far, but someday I'd really love to write a book.  A book about what?  Well, something non-fiction, of course, but who knows.  Maybe about my journey in medicine?  Maybe about my future career as an OB/Gyn?  Maybe about some other experience yet to be had?  I'll figure it out :P

   I hope everyone has a lovely and safe Christmas, New Years, and whatever other holidays you and your family celebrate!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy Bloggiversary! Love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally not weird not celebrate a bloggiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bloggiversary, and I think it's wonderful that you're getting some support before hitting full-blown crisis mode. Nothing wrong at all with talking through some of the difficult aspects of medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all! I did one too :) Love your blog and hope your journey is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not weird to celebrate...maintaining a blog for three years is a big deal!! esp yours - because it's more than just a 'blog'...you're documenting your career and journey! happy bloggiversary!

    ReplyDelete