Monday, December 31, 2012

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot, And Never Brought To Mind

(I'm a couple of days late with this - better late than never!)


   Despite what ancient Mayans' calendars may have predicted, 2012 has come and gone (and the world is still here).  This year was one with many changes, full of progress, but with little time for recharge.  When I look back at where I was in the beginning of this year compared to where I am now - mentally, intellectually, romantically, socially - my, how things have changed!

The year I performed at the Wine Auction

The year I passed USMLE Step 1

The year I went to Peru with J

The year  I delivered my first baby (and second!)

The year my friends came up from LA to surprise me for my birthday

The year Yolanda died, and I bought my Volvo

The year we went camping in Oregon... again



The year I fell head-over-heels in love and became attached at the hip after the 3rd date

The year I moved in with my BF
The year my sister graduated high school and started college

The year I discovered HONEY BOO BOO

The year BF turned dirty thirty!

The year I adopted another kitty

The year BF and I got a puppy

The year I went to Connecticut for Christmas

The year I visited high school friends in NYC


   And much, much more.  So here's to 2012!  I'm glad the world didn't end :P ... too much good stuff goin' on!

1 comment:

  1. Ashbabe,

    This is such a great post. Every year in the 1st week of January instead of making resolutions I make a big piece of artwork that has 1 thing cool I did/experienced for each month of that year. The end result is a beautiful portrait of the year and reflection on what I have done/seen/lived in that time period. Anyways, this post was essentially that same concept in blog form, and I enjoyed reading. So glad that you are alive and well Ashbabe; you deserve it all. Enjoy all these moments and make another great year. Love, Emerald

    ReplyDelete