Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Favorite Song

Day 1 of the 30 Day Challenge: What is my favorite song?

Well, I actually love many genres of music, my favorites being funk/disco, motown and jazz.  I have many songs that I love and could hear over and over again until the day I die.  However, there is one song that I can truly, easily say is my favorite of all time.  It is a classical song composed by John Williams (shout out to UCLA) and performed by Yo-Yo Ma, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong).  I heard it for the first time on So You Think You Can Dance, and the dance just took my breath away.  Then, later I realized it was on the soundtrack from one of my favorite movies, Memoirs of a Geisha.

While I enjoy classical music from time to time, it seems a little odd that my favorite song of all time would be from this genre, but this song just moves something inside me.  It's hard to describe.  I just love it.  Okay, enough sap!  Here it is!

"The Chairman's Waltz" - John Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment